33. A)It’ll enable them to enjoy the best medical care.
B)It’ll allow them to receive free medical treatment.
C)It’ll protect them from possible financial crises.
D)It’ll prevent the doctors from overcharging them.
34. A)They can’t immediately get back the money paid for their medical cost.
B)They have to go through very complicated application procedures.
C)They can only visit doctors who speak their native language.
D)They may not be able to receive timely medical treatment.
35. A)They don’t have to pay for the medical services.
B)They needn’t pay the entire medical bill at once.
C)They must send the receipts to the insurance company promptly.
D)They have to pay a much higher price to get an insurance policy.
33. D 34. D 35. C
Obtaining good health insurance is a real necessity while you are studying overseas. It protects you from minor and major medical expenses that can wipe out not only your savings but your dreams of an education abroad. (33) There are often two different types of health insurance you can consider buying, international travel insurance and student insurance in the country where you will be going.
An international travel insurance policy is usually purchased in your home country before you go abroad. It generally covers a wide variety of medical services and you are often given a list of doctors in the area where you will travel who may even speak your native language. The drawback might be that you may not get your money back immediately, (34) in other words, you may have to pay all you medical expenses and then later submit your receipts to the insurance company.
On the other hand, getting student heath insurance in the country where you will study might allow you to only pay a certain percentage of the medical cost at the time of the service and thus you don’t have to have sufficient cash to pay the entire bill at once. (35) Whatever you decide, obtaining some form ofhealth insurance is something you should consider before you go overseas. You shouldn’t wait until you are sick with a major medical bills to pay off.
Questions 33 to 35 are based on the passage you have just heard
33. Why does the speaker advise the overseas students to buy health insurance?
34. What is the drawback of the students, buying international travel insurance?
35. What does the speaker say about students’ getting health insurance in the country where they will study?
本文是一篇说明文,题材属于文化教育类。作者阐述了留学生上医疗保险的好处,介绍了两种保险的优缺点。快速浏览选项后,从medical, doctors, insurance, pay, receipt 等词可推测这是一篇有关医疗及保险方面的短文,势必会讲到优缺点方面的问题,注意文章的开头和结尾,注意表示转折等的信号词。
33. 细节题。文章第一段提到"It protects you from minor and major medical expenses that can wipe out not only your savings but your dreams of an education abroad."这句话意为:医疗保险可以节约你在生病时大大小小的医疗花费,这些花费不仅会花光你的积蓄,而且会使你在国外求学的梦想破灭。可以确定,答案是D)。
34. 细节题。文章第二段提到"The drawback might be that you may not get your money back immediately. In other words, you may have to pay all your medical expenses and then later submit your receipts to the insurance company."这句话意为:缺点是你很可能无法立刻拿回你所支付的款项,换句话说,你必须先支付所有的医疗费用,之后再提交所有的收据以获得赔偿。由于事先预测文中会谈到事物的优缺点,所以当文中出现drawback时应特别注意。而且in other words后的是重复信息,是作者所强调的地方,也应注意。本题答案是D)。
35. 细节题。因为之前已经提到一种保险方式,所以考生在听到on the other hand时应立刻想到接下来要介绍另一种保险方式。极端化的表达only更应引起注意。文章第三段提到"On the other hand, getting student health insurance in the country where you will study might allow you to only pay a certain percentage of the medical cost at the time of service and thus you don't have to have sufficient cash to pay the entire bill at once."这句话意为:另一方面,在海外学习的地方所购买的医疗保险允许你在使用该服务时只支付部分医疗费用,这样你就不用必须有充裕的现金一次支付全额医疗费用。答案是C)。